How is Encompass set up with Maxwell?
Your Maxwell Customer Success Manager will guide you through the Encompass setup.
- Your CSM will schedule a call specific to the Encompass integration.
- There will be a Google Sheet that will be filled out to collect all necessary information for the Encompass integration. This includes:
- Milestone mapping
- Maxwell is able to map status changes to Encompass milestones. This means that when a milestone is changed in Encompass, it will sync back to Maxwell and send the status update email to the borrower and/or real estate agent on file. You don’t have to use every Maxwell status, you can pick which milestones you would like to map to which Maxwell statuses.
- Obtaining the SDK key
- We use an SDK instead of an API to integrate with Encompass.
- Obtaining the SDK url
- Template mapping
- We will need the name of the default template you would like applied to files coming from Maxwell.
- Configuration settings
- We will need to know if you want documents to be sent to Encompass as a file or as an image. We also need to know if you would like all document to sync to Encompass upon the borrower uploading the document or upon the Loan Officer accepting the document.
- Files in Encompass
- We will need baseline numbers for all files that have gone to Encompass in the last 3 months.
- Admin credentials
- Maxwell needs admin credentials in order to connect the integration.
- Milestone mapping
Once all of the necessary information is collected, your CSM will connect Maxwell to your Encompass. We will allow it to run for a few weeks to ensure the setup is working properly and make any changes you would like during that time.
Encompass Milestone Mapping
When the milestone in Encompass is changed it will sync back to Maxwell and send a status update to the borrower. Maxwell can map to any Encompass milestone. See the example below:
This is showing that when the “pre qualify” milestone is changed in Encompass, the “application submitted” status email goes out to the borrower from Maxwell.
Keep in mind that statuses can only go in order. You cannot skip around statuses when they are integrated with an Encompass milestone.
Online Submitted Loan Application Syncing
Your borrowers can fill out the loan application through your public landing page at any time. You can host your link anywhere you would like by clicking your Settings, scrolling to your Landing Page URL, and copying and pasting it into your email signature or website. See below for where to find your Landing Page link:
Once your borrower clicks the link it will open a new page for them to apply. They will set a password and fill out the loan application as a first step. See below for how this works:
Once your borrower completes the loan application and signs off on the credit and electronic disclosures authorization form, the loan application will be submitted to the loan officer. The application will automatically sync to Encompass to create the bridge between Maxwell and Encompass with the GUID number.
Syncing an existing file to Maxwell via GUID
You can sync an existing Encompass loan file to Maxwell in a few simple steps...
- Open the loan file from your Dashboard.
- Under the borrower's phone number, click on 'Add Encompass Loan Number'.
- When the window opens, enter the Encompass loan number or GUID and click 'Sync'.
- You will see a green success button in the upper right corner of the screen. Refresh the page if you don't see the Encompass loan number under the borrower's phone number.
Once the GUID is in Maxwell you can sync documents to Encompass. There are two ways to setup document syncing to Encompass:
- Documents automatically sync to Encompass upon the borrower uploading the document
- Documents automatically sync to Encompass when the loan officer accepts the document. If the document is left pending or rejected, it will not sync to Encompass.
Your launch team will choose the way they would like documents to sync to Encompass from the choices above. If a document does not sync you can always manually push it by checking the box next to the document and clicking “Sync to Encompass.”
Maxwell is able to map status changes to Encompass milestones. This means that when a milestone is changed in Encompass, it will sync back to Maxwell and send the status update email to the borrower and/or real estate agent on file. You don’t have to use every Maxwell status, you can pick which milestones you would like to map to Maxwell statuses.
See the example below:
Auto-Importing Loans from Encompass
As of April '23, lenders are able to enable "Auto-Import" from their Encompass environment. This option is available in Settings > Integration Settings:
- If a new loan was created in the SmartClient, we will automatically import it to the assigned Loan Officer's pipeline. We intentionally disregard loans created through Encompass Consumer Connect to avoid issues with Disclosures or interfering with the borrower experience.
- If an existing loan is assigned a new Loan Officer, we will automatically import it to the newly assigned Loan Officer's Pipeline.
- If an existing loan is reassigned from a Loan Officer that we already recognize to a new Loan Officer, we do not reassign the loan in the POS. It will remain in the pipeline of the first Loan Officer.